The first morning when I walk out the door and breathe in that fresh, crisp, cool fall air, it happens. I start to crave soup. Homemade bread. Meat loaf. Grilled cheese sandwiches. No more salads for me—my taste buds need warm, soothing comfort food.
Here are just some recipes that are calling my name. What I love most about these recipes is that they combine fresh ingredients like vegetables with pantry staples such as chicken broth and all-natural peanut butter. So whenever the craving for some yummy comfort food hits, you’ll be ready to whip up one of these tasty recipes!
Healthy Peanut Butter Vegetable Soup
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, combine the broth, chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir until peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer for 3 minutes longer.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole (from Parkers Farm)
2 bags frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (16oz each)
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 green onions, including tops, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoons flour
1 roll Parkers Farm garlic cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can or jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Cook broccoli, drain.
- Saute onions and celery in melted butter until tender. Add flour. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Blend in soup.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms. Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish. Bake, covered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Parkers Farm has produced the finest Cold Pack Cheese since the company’s conception in 1977. Parkers Farm has expanded its growing product line to include one of the best all-natural Peanut Butters available. We have also added pimiento spread, six varieties of bagel spreads and five varieties of fresh salsa to the line as well as Con Queso and Jalapeno Nacho Dip.